A list of confirmed characters for the rpg and who they are, categorized by world in no particular order.
there is a theme about relationships in this game, and I promise it leads to a disturbing turn near the end (not the dirty kind, the "thats legitimately disturbing and sad" kind)
This is subject to change, we won't fit absolutely everything in in one go, and we can add as necessary
Monochrome (Black and White cartoons) :
- Ottomess - (main character) goes out to find where Blanc Spooks are coming from. Kind, jolly, a little flirty and earns affections through his heroic actions, but doesn't really put much thought into implications and how other people are affected by his actions.
- Rayel - (party member, love interest) a lonely mosquito who was Otto's girlfriend. he breaks up with her in the second world on the grounds of her accidentally biting him when they hug and draining his blood. wants to prove herself and get past her feelings for Otto, but finds it more difficult than she thought.
- Smolder - (part member) A cynical lizard who hesitantly agrees to allow Otto into his place of work, The Blaq and Wite Co. Factory. becomes friends with Otto when he saves his job, and tries to be something of a brother figure to him, but is held back by his own discomfort.
- Damezelle - (npc)
A rabbit that is exasperated by constantly being kidnapped and saved as a damsel in distress. Is Otto's sister, and decides to go on the train and see the world.
- Carolbelle - (love interest)
Club singer who breaks away from her sleazy manager and producer in favor of making it big in other worlds thanks to Otto's support during his going away party the night before departing on his quest. helps watch over the Filmstrip Train and uses it as a venue for her performances.
- Bruiser - (party member) A dog toon who was Otto's bully in monochrome city. forces himself into Otto's group after sneaking on the Filmstrip Train, and is rather full of himself.
- Blaq and Wite (npc) the owners of the Factory which makes the props and just about everything else in Monochrome city. were once rather shady, and their past mistakes are coming back to haunt them.
- Richard Rat - (npc, mini-boss) A put upon rat with long arms, handles gags that often harm him and becomes an Insane mini-boss because of it.
- Captain Smokestack - (temporary party member) a surly Anteater who runs a delivery Steamboat on the Vintage River.
- Hairy Perry - (npc, optional party member)
A quiet gorilla who reluctantly acts as Bruisers flunky, but is nice otherwise. Likes Damezelle a lot.
- The Gackle - (boss, npc) a weird monster that bums about in Otto's basement because he was chased out of Monochrome City. tries to force Otto out as the first boss when otto tries to evict him, but mellows out afterwards and watches his house while Otto goes out. returning to him at certain points will have him pay a rent to Otto.
- Soupy Stache - (boss) A giant dripping fish-shaped blob monster made of pollution Le Stache dumped into the Vintage River, it corrupted the animals and possesses the cargo with its ooze.
- Dunhamn - (optional party member) a pilot regarded as the hero of Monochrome, and not without reason, as his fisticuffs and piloting skills are grand. He hasn't been seen recently.
(optional party member)
a strange creature with multiple eyes who's trying to blend into monochrome, but cannot quite pull it off. A slightly mischievous being who is very skilled due to his eye sight and quick thinking.
- Gertie - (npc)
a large brontosaurus that lives in flower fields, grazing and wandering about. a giant sweetheart able to perform tricks, Gertie is bullied by Lacky Lizards who steal her food and are too fast for her, leaving her tired and in the way as an obstacle
- Le Stache - (Black Baron, boss) A classic villain archetype wearing a black top hat and a cape. Stache is a member of the black barons, a group of villains using the Blanc Spooks to further their agenda. Le Stache's main weapon is a comically large pistol, but he's not above improvising to gain an upper hand. has a thing for kidnapping women and putting them in peril.
Coloria (Early Color cartoons) :
- McPeppy - (party member) A small bandit with large pistols who constantly has a jalapeno in his mouth. McPeppy is planning on stealing from Sunnycide, and has roped Otto's group into the war between the foodians and cloud people that Sunnycide started it achieve his own ends.
- Pan Pizza - (npc)
A pizza guard for the foodian castle. short-tempered, rude and obnoxious, this Pizza Slice dies constantly and is cloned through a special machine through the power of karma. Is all too eager to fight.
- Sunnycide - (Black Baron, Boss) A sun who rules a small area in between The cloudian and foodian kingdoms, owning the Yorsen Mine that provides him his kingdom's power. He wishes to take over the kingdoms and is instigating through Blanc Spooks shaped like clouds and food. very good at fire magic and punching enemies in the face.
Flasche (Flash/ 2D Computer animation) :
- Lauren Colt - based on
(party member) A horse treasure hunter outshined by her rivals, including Equestri Ion, more and more as her career has gone on. What she has was stolen by Le Temps, which has driven her to quitting her job out of depression.
- Equestri Ion - (npc) a Know it all treasure hunter, and one of Lauren's rivals. unintentionally distracts Le Temps from Otto and gets caught trying to get Lauren's treasures back from him.
- Le Temps - (mini-boss, boss) A thief hired by The Barons to take over a village and gather Lauren's collected curios and treasures. with his staff, he has some control over the flow of time. Seeks out another thief named Lorenson for stealing, and beliefs his current stash to be perfect bait.
Anima (Anime) :
- The Risk Rangers - (mini-bosses, npcs) A group of crime-fighters who lost a member to the Demon Thing, and so recruit Otto as the "White Rabbit." The other members of the team are "Red Fox," "Pink Cat," "Yellow Rhino," and "Black Bat" who wield a sword, slingshot, tomahawk, and pitchfork respectively. Currently fighting the Greenblight Army.
- Vixen - (party member, love interest) A kitsune who was brainwashed by Hyakume when she tried to spy on him. Disguises herself due to the general bad rap youkai often have. She's a stubborn, determined sort of warrior who has both a giant and normal sized sword to fight with. in addition to Youkai she also fight Things and the Greenblight Army
- Haidā Curuk - (npc) A seemingly typical anime harem protagonist, surrounded by girls infatuated with him. Seems soft spoken and an all around nice guy, but also somewhat suspicious too, and wants to talk to Otto about something.
- Miko - (npc) A shrine priestess who is trying her hardest to keep Hykume's minions at bay. Currently working on Carbin's curse, which just doesn't seem to be possible with her holed up in her shrine by a Demon Thing trying to get to the city of Sentaiju Tokyo.
- Carbin - (love interest, party member) A chi-using warrior who has been cursed into a weakened state by one of Hyakume's henchmen. She finds Otto's kindness and determination an inspiration even when he and his friends seem so outmatched by the Black Barons. Used to be a member of Greenblight's army, and has a split personality.
- General Greenblight - (boss) a small creature who leads the Greenblight Army for Hyakume. A great inventor and a decent fighter in his own right; his army is, admittedly, the least problematic of the three factions attacking Anima. Seems to be looking for someone.
- Curser - (boss) A Space pirate wizard, and one of Hyakume's students, Curser is a master of, curses, and is intrigued by the youkai of Anima. Created the Things, and considers them far superior to the Blanc Spooks.
- Hyakume - (Black Baron, boss)
A youkai who joined the Black Barons in order to try and spare Anima the Blanc Spooks rampage at least somewhat. To achieve this end, he has sent Greenblight and Curser or take over Sentaiju Tokyo before the Baron's decide to release a swarm of Spooks. uses his staff and eyeballs to fight, but may have more tricks up his sleeves.
- E.69 - B.L.A.R.G.E.N. - (npc)
one of Sentaiju Tokyo's defenders, a gigantic mishmash of sea life who fights to defend Nitro Tokyo, The Risk Rangers are trying to free him from something.
- Lord Jiraya - (boss, npc) A samurai and ninja lord who became an Insane after seeing the seedier side of Anima and losing hope. He stays in his fort, thankfully, but attacks anyone who trespasses.
- Yandere - (npc, boss) a high school student who was captivated by Otto's adorable looks, her depression and Otto leaving to continue his journey turned her into an Insane that stalks him.
Modernia (Modern animation) :
- Retra Fitt - (Black baron, party member, love interest) A member of the Black Barons, a cyborg who plugs herself into things like ships and computers to take control of them. While she is a full Black Baron she is mostly seen as a tool by other members of the organization and merely tolerated by most of her cohorts.
- Drop - (npc, temporary party member) A young lizard who sells insurance for the battles that take place in Tower Town. Constantly has hallucinations of his past family life, which from his perspective, literally burn away when he is brought back to a lonely reality.
- Pillin - (npc) a living pill capsule who wants Drop to socialize more after seeing him alone constantly. plays football and tries to moderate various fights in Tower Town to try and lighten his load. takes little peaces of herself when stressed.
- Bucket - (party member) A samurai with a bucket on his head who fights robots from The Greenblight Army. He causes the most constant property damage out of anyone in Tower Town, and as such keeps Drop very stressed and busy.
- Auto Pilot - (boss) A robot built by the Black Barons to track down Retra Fitt in case she betrayed them. It plans on installing itself into her systems and overwriting her personality.
Unorthix Holidia (Burton-esque/Holiday Specials) :
- Vile Distress (party member)
A strange lanky creature who rules Creepsville an protects its citizens from the Barons and Insane. Very untrusting of outsiders and refuses people from the outside access other holiday worlds because of it.
- Grim Twist Twins - (Black Barons, bosses)
A pair of shape shifting demons who are Black Barons. Hate each other more than their enemies, but cannot successfully back-stab. Turn into demonic Owls in a fight, and have been impersonating Vile's father in order to get him paranoid.
Slickenskritche (intentionally low quality animation) :
- Kitty - (npc, boss)
a stick figure cat who tends to the gardens of the abandoned Filmstrip Train station of Slickenskritche, watering the ink lilys. becomes a monster when ink lilys mutated by Plantasian infect her and has to be put down.
- Stickman Stan - (npc) a nasty stickman who goes out of his way to screw Otto and his friends over for Fountain Head, flees after releasing a Spook he cannot handle.
- Professor Payhnt Bruss - (Black Baron, boss) A stick figure paint brush scientist that is Fountain Head's second in command. what he devotes his time to when not out of the base is a mystery.
- Fountain Head - (Black Baron, boss) The leader of the Black Barons, a sketched fountain pen-like being who desires to go to "Reality" and is constantly annoyed by cartoon antics. aside from that, not even his closest subordinates know what his long term plans are.
- Empt - (party member)
A Blanc Spook resembling a combination of a doctor and a grim reaper. Captures Otto while he's depressed with the intention of killing him, but since Otto bums him out and doesn't care, he finds no satifaction in it, and cheers him up; but since Otto is no longer depressed, Empt can't kill him. He more or less betrays the rest of the invading spooks, following Otto in order to reap him.
Mis. Characters :
- The Merchant -
a traveling dealer whos head dips into their trench coat to change expression.
- Dizy -
A ninja zombie who goes about different worlds helping heal wounds in an ambulance. clutzy, hopeful and a romantic, he believes he can heal the world with his care.
- Harsh Mistress - (love interest) a female villain trying to make a change in her life, her past deeds across the world and bad habits are making this more difficult than it needs to be. Her army is simply waiting for their next orders at their old hideout , unaware of any of this.
- Mr. Sin - (merchant) a ghostly creature who runs a chain of stores, seemingly all at the same time....fairly greedy, but an ethical friendly guy underneath it. trains rookies to be merchants too.
- Joker - (boss) a crazy clown-like creature that works for the Baron's as a mercenary and encounters Otto a few times throughout the worlds.
- conductor - (npc) the conductor of the Filmstrip Train who awakens after Otto re-activates it.
Interweb people :